ENTRY APPLICATION FOR THE 2024 BROADWAY SAN DIEGO AWARDS
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Broadway San Diego Awards (BSDA), May 26, 2024!
This APPLICATION must be filled out by an employee of a San Diego County high school in its entirety. This form is due no later than Friday, October 13, 2023, at 11:59pm for the Fall semester, and Friday, February 23, 2024, at 11:59pm for the Spring semester. Once you fill out the Entry Application, your student nomination packet will be sent to you. As the San Diego chapter of the Jimmy Awards® (National High School Musical Theatre Awards®), students that are cast in compliance with the Rules and Regulations of The Jimmy Awards for Best Actor and Best Actress, will be adjudicated in their high school production, and eligible to be nominated for The Jimmy Awards. The two finalists from the Jimmy Awards category at the Broadway San Diego Awards will join dozens of other finalists from regional competitions across the country for a 10-day (Jun 14 – Jun 25, 2024) experience called Camp Broadway, which includes rehearsals, workshops, lectures and field trips, designed to prepare the students for The Jimmy Awards®, which will be presented on Broadway at the Minskoff Theatre on June 24, 2024.
The Jimmy Awards Category
- All musicals will need to be adjudicated by April 28, 2024.
- If your musical is after this deadline, please email our Marketing Associate, Carlos Martínez, at cmartinez@BroadwaySD.com.
- The entry fee for this category is $250 per production. Scholarships are available.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- October 13, 2023 – Last day to nominate students for Fall semester.
- February 24, 2024 – Last day to nominate students for Spring semester.
- April 28, 2024 – Last day to adjudicate a performance.
- May 4, 2024 – In Person Call Backs.
- May 20-25, 2024 – Tech/Rehearsal Week.
- May 26, 2024 – The 2024 Broadway San Diego Awards Competition.
- June 24, 2024 – The Jimmy Awards®